As of June 2, 2020, NHL is preparing the following:
- NHL will start operating with the BH06 (4-seat) type helicopter where social distancing and cabin separation can be accomplished more easily. At no time will any two separate parties be allowed to fly within the same helicopter. Only parties residing at the same residence would be allowed to fly at once. Also: the max. 5 people rule applies.
- Pilots and ground crew will wear proper PPE where social distancing cannot be adhered to.
- Helicopter cabin will be disinfected, by ground crew, after each flight and before new passengers are accepted inside the cabin.
- Passengers with Tickets only will be allowed outside in the helicopter ride line-up. Social distancing marks will be implemented in the line up indicating a 6-foot separation between parties.
- A COVID19 response plan for employees will be in place and employees must attend a mandatory training session in accordance with the response plan that might be updated as the situation changes.
- Passengers will be required to wear face masks. They will have the option of wearing their own, however if they do not have a face mask, they may purchase one at cost. If a passenger chooses not to wear a mask, they will automatically be refused boarding as per Transport Canada Directives.
- Before boarding the helicopter, each passenger will be asked to use a hand sanitizer station located at the helipad entranceway. All passengers must adhere to proper hand hygiene procedures. Crew members will ensure all passengers use the hand sanitizing station prior to boarding.
Front Desk Procedures
- Building procedures will be handled very much like at smaller retail stores.
- Social distancing of 6 feet outside the building, pre-ticket area, outlined with markings on the floor.
- Only one person at the time is allowed inside the ticketing area.
- Front Desk Personnel will be “shielded" behind plexi-glass.
- Only the amount of tickets will be sold, that allows the lineup to keep up with social distancing requirements.
- A health screen will be conducted, in accordance with “TRAVELLING BY AIR” guidelines, prior to selling a ticket and a Coronavirus Form for Contact Tracing will be filled out by one person per group.
Retail Area Procedures
- Only 5 people will be allowed in the retail area at any time.
- All traffic and washrooms areas will display current posters as posted by Transport Canada, The Province of Ontario and The Ontario Public Health Agency.
- PPE will be provided to all employees as required and in accordance with OSHA.