As of March 18, 2022, NHL will operate under the following:
- At this time, Niagara Helicopters will allow two or more separate parties to fly within the same helicopter as per Transport Canada Guidelines. It shall be stressed that MASKS ARE CONSIDERED MANDATORY FOR ANY PERSON OVER THE AGE OF 2 (RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE 2 TO 5 WHENEVER POSSIBLE TO DO SO WITHOUT CAUSING THE CHILD HARM).
- Pilots and ground crew will wear proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at all times, and whenever social distancing cannot be adhered to.
- Helicopter cabin will be disinfected, by ground crew, after each flight and before new passengers are accepted inside the cabin.
- Social distancing marks will continue to be on display in the line up indicating a 6-foot separation between parties.
- A COVID19 response plan for employees is in place and employees must attend a mandatory training session in accordance with the response plan that might be updated as the situation changes from time to time.
- Passengers will be required to wear face masks. They will have the option of wearing their own, however the face mask must be multi-layered to ensure compliance with Transport Canada rules. If they do not have an acceptable face mask, they will be provided with one. If a passenger chooses not to wear a mask, they will automatically be refused boarding as per Transport Canada Directives unless they can provide documented proof that they are not medically able to wear a mask .
- Before boarding the helicopter, each passenger will be asked to use a hand sanitizer station located at the helipad entranceway. All passengers must adhere to proper hand hygiene procedures. Crew members will ensure all passengers use the hand sanitizing station prior to boarding.
Front Desk Procedures
- Social distancing of 6 feet inside and outside the building, pre-ticket area, and in photo lab building will continue to be recommended and outlined with markings on the floor.
- Only one party at one time is allowed inside the ticketing area.
- Front Desk Personnel will be “shielded" behind plexi-glass.
- Touchless payment will be encouraged and all debit/credit machines will have wipeable plastic shields over touch points.
- Health screening will be conducted, in accordance with “TRAVELLING BY AIR” guidelines set by Transport Canada
Retail Area Procedures
- All procedures including the plexi-glass shield and touchless payment options noted above will be in place.
- All traffic and washrooms areas will display current posters as posted by Transport Canada, The Province of Ontario and The Ontario Public Health Agency.
- All washrooms and high-touch areas will be cleaned at a MINIMUM of once every half hour.
- Hand sanitizing stations will remain at all doors, stairways, washroom entrances and at the helipad entrance with signage encouraging their use.
- PPE will be provided to all employees as required and in accordance with OSHA.
2020/2021 Prize Certificates and Free Passes
As of July 2021, recipients can redeem prize certificates – with the understanding that they will fly with other passengers and must wear a mask at all times throughout the experience. Please see above for additional information.